How to Remove the License Plate
Triumph Speed Twin (2019+)
The how-to guide is proved for information purposes only. The guide assumes you have general mechanical knowledge and have the ability to remove and replace components on your motorcycle. If you have any questions or are not comfortable doing the work contact a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts from your existing system as some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs Products depending on the application.
Read through the guide prior to beginning to remove any components. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
Removal - License Plate Bracket
1. Using the ignition key remove the seat. Turn the key counterclockwise
2. Using an 8mm wrench and 10mm socket, remove the (2) bolts that secure the fender to the frame. The 10mm socket is used to remove the (2) nuts located on the underside of the fender.
3. Using an 8mm socket remove the (2) bolts that secure the fender the frame. Support the fender it will drop down and only be supported by the (2) bolts located on the underside of the fender.
4. Using an 8mm socket and 10mm wrench remove the bolt that was exposed during step 3. Once the bolt is removed a spacer will be exposed. Save the spacer, bolt and locking nut for installation
5. Disconnect the running light connector and remove the license plate assembly
6. Using a 3mm Allen remove the (5) bolts that secure the wiring cover to the license plate assembly.
7. Using a T15 Torx remove the (2) bolts that secure the license plate light and remove the license plate light. Save the license plate light and metal bracket for installation.
6. Using an 8mm and 10mm tighten the (1) bolt and (1) nut that secures the metal plate to the fender and taillight assembly. Make sure to install the sleeve that was removed in step 4
7. Using an 8mm socket tighten the (2) bolts that secure the fender to the frame
8. Using an 8mm and 10mm secure the (2) bolts and (2) nuts that secure the fender to the frame