How to Remove the Throttle Assembly
Bonneville T100 Liquid
The how-to guide is proved for information purposes only. The guide assumes you have general mechanical knowledge and have the ability to remove and replace components on your motorcycle. If you have any questions or are not comfortable doing the work contact a professional mechanic. Keep all stock parts from your existing system as some components may be necessary to install your new British Customs Products depending on the application.
Read through the guide prior to beginning to remove any components. Always properly support the vehicle with a stand and/or lift when servicing or performing any work. Unstable vehicles my present dangerous conditions and may cause property damage and/or personal injury
Step By Step Guide - How to Remove the Throttle Assembly
1. Remove the Seat
2. Disconnect the battery, (-) black terminal first
3. Using a 4 mm Allen, remove the (1) fastener that secures the right-hand handlebar end weight.
4. Using a T20 Torx, remove the (1) fastener that secures the brake light switch and bracket.
5. Using a 20 Torx, remove the (2) fasteners that secure the right-hand side switch housing.
6. Using a 20 Torx, remove the (2) fasteners that secure the twist grip position sensor.
7. Using a 5mm Allen, remove the (2) fasteners that secure the master cylinder to the handlebars and support in an upright position.
8. Remove the twist grip from the handlebar. By sliding it off the end of the handlebar. The twist grip position sensor will remain on the handlebar. See How to Remove the Handlebar.
Leave a comment
All comments are moderated before being published.