This event has been around for decades. Eddie took over the hosting of the event 4 years ago and it never disappoints. Countless vintage bikes line the Live Oak Campground, there are group rides, amazing BBQ, field events and a bike show on Saturday. It's a truly one-of-a-kind campout/bike rally that we look forward to each year.
With that said, we thought it'd be perfect opportunity to take out our Bonneville Bobber build to test in the beautiful highways and mountain roads of the Los Padres National Forest.
- Helmet: The Biltwell Gringo is a go-to lid because of its combination of safety, comfort, and style.
- Helmet Visor: If you have a Biltwell Gringo, we highly recommend the Equilibriast Knox Visor as it'll change the overall appearance of your Gringo. Straps right over your Gringo and you are ready to go. Available in clear or smoked with different leather trim options (color)
- Jacket: Vintage look, true-to-size fit, and the waxed canvas gets better as it ages, the Vanson Stormer played the perfect role
- Pants: You may have heard the term, "Japanese Selvedge" denim before and these Left Field "On the Road" jeans are made from Nihon Menpu fabric specifically from Japan, embedded with 15% kevlar in both warp & weft yarns, and finished off wish a green selvedge. Wear these on/off the bike without feeling the typical 'bulk' from riding jeans and these, also get better with age too.
- Gloves: Our good friend & also fellow rider on a Triumph Thruxton, Tommy Kerns at Butterscotch designed some great gloves- the Short Round gloves. What do we mean by great gloves? They're super soft but durable due to its Deer Hide leather construction, short wrist design for that classic race look, and does not require any adjustments thanks to the elasticized wrist meaning no need to mess with straps/zippers.
Overall we can't say enough good things about the Triumph Bonneville Bobber. It is a unique riding experience that we found highly enjoyable. With a few carefully selected upgrades, we were able to dial in the bike for our trip and further emphasize the class styling of the bike. We were happy to put the selected parts and gear to the test and achieve great results. Let us know if you have an questions or feedback in the comments section below. Happy riding!