Brake Caliper Bleeder
Introducing SPEED BLEEDER, the patented bleeder screw with the built-in check valve. It is truly a one-person bleeder screw. Once installed, it becomes a permanent part of the brake system. When it is time to bleed your brakes, you loosen the Speed Bleeder 1/4 turn and pump your brake pedal. When the pedal is depressed the pressure generated opens the check valve letting air and brake fluid out of the end of the Speed Bleeder. When you release the pedal and it returns to the up position, the check valve closes and prevents any air from reentering the system through the Speed Bleeder. When bubble free fluid is evident you close the Speed Bleeder. In the closed position it works just like your stock bleeder screw and prevents any brake fluid from leaking out. It generally takes about 5 pumps to purge each caliper or wheel cylinder. That is all there is to bleeding your brakes. If at a later date you need to bleed your brakes, the patented thread sealing system makes it easy to open the bleeder screw to perform the bleeding operation. It is made of quality materials and it is economical.
- Stainless steel spring
- Stainless steel ball
- Brass retainer
- The threads are roll formed. This process results in a stronger and smoother thread than one that is cut.
- The chamber for the ball and spring is precision reamed and the seat for the stainless steel ball is machined to exacting tolerances.
- Zinc chromate plating withstands a 30 hour salt spray. Other plating with higher salt spray results is also available.
- Patented thread sealing system seals the threads when the bleeding operation is performed, preventing air from being sucked back into the system.
- The pre-applied thread sealant also displaces air and moisture during thread engagement preventing rust...which usually results in rounded off corners on the hex or busted off bleeder screws making it necessary to replace the caliper or brake cylinder. The application of thread sealant thus makes it easy to loosen or remove the bleeder screw at any time.
1 Speed Bleeder is required for every brake caliper